Social media is one of the most powerful forces in the hotel industry today, playing a key role in the customer journey experience, from planning their trip to posting vacation photos, updates and reviews. The hotel industry is heavily dependent on word and opinion dissemination, and social networks provide an ideal platform for it.
81% of Trave travelers said that reviews are important when choosing a hotel.
70% of consumers said that travel reviews had the greatest impact on their shopping behavior.
43% of hotel owners think that social media produces the highest ROIs.
40% of Lers travelers post reviews.
38% of US travelers use social networks to share their experiences while traveling.
allegiant air airlines tickets
Social separation has a huge impact on travel bookings. For those travel plans research those who have used Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor, Google+ and LinkedIn, such as:
52% changed their initial plans.
33% changed their hotel.
10% changed their sanatorium.
7% changed their destination.
TripAdvisor for Business:
83% of respondents usually consult TripAdvisor reviews on hotel bookings.
70% of northern hospitality professionals say that TripAdvisor is the # 1 site that impacts on customers.
51% of Facebook fans are more likely to buy the brands or followers they follow.
52% of Facebook users said that photos of their friends inspire their vacation choices and travel plans.
79% of Twitter followers are more likely to offer a brand after becoming a follower.
67% of Twitter followers are more likely to buy brands that they follow or are fans of.
81% of US online consumers say they trust Pinterest information and tips.
About 20% of the total social links to commerce sites come from Pinterest.
The real question with all available information is as follows: “Can your hotel afford to not maximize your social media presence?”
Here are 7 tips for starting your hotel social campaign:
1. Create social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. Keep in mind that Google+ likes are the # 1 way to boost search engine optimization.
2. Use your property logo for your profile picture.
3. Make sure you have an attractive, visually appealing caption image that shows your property.
4. Make sure your contact information and website address are listed on the page.
5. On Facebook make sure you use the “Book Now” button feature.
6. Post every day on all social media platforms.
7. Only one of the 5 entries should be self-advertised.