Fortunately the bike is located 5km north of Grimmut. It is a tourism business that provides round-the-clock tours of some of the West Coast native forest natives. The business started in 1997 with Mike and Sue Roper. Before the business, Mike Roper was a taxi driver around Greymouth. The adventure business is strongly recommended by previous visitors, as presented on Tripadvisor.
On the farm where the business is located, the Roper has been in the family since 1917, when Michael's grandparents, Charles and Violet, moved to the area. In the 1960s and '70s, Michel's parents ran a chicken farm, but that ended in 1978 when new regulations made the business unsustainable. Cattle and sheep have always been a part of farming operations and are still a small part of these days, though small, given the success of the Quad bike business.
During your adventure you will most likely encounter some of New Zealand's native birds: Vecca, Tui, Keru (wood pigeons), Ghantil and Pukeko.
Another side of On-Yer-Bike is the café where customers can drop a cup and simply add another string to their bow, Sue Roper makes a gown, and with all her other responsibilities, everyone holds her own.
There was a school near that district more than 100 years ago. It was called Camp Camp School, named after the district. No one knows how it got its name, but it probably is that the first sawmill on the West Coast was in Coal Creek, and "The Cap" may have been about men working in the sawmill.
Coal Creek is a flood prone area. Sometimes the hood sometimes comes down the road near the O-Ere bike as the dirt is filled with the volume of water coming down from the mountains.
Prior to the construction of the Underground Bridge, traffic had to cross the railroad tracks and look for every route for the coming trains. As far as we know, there was a train / car accident before the bridge was built. However, during the earthquake of 1968, a car fell off the bridge as it was moving up and down, causing the driver to die.
Coulthard / Hall Memorial
Immediately before Runanga is the Coultard / Hall memorial. On November 9, 2017, this was the scene of Runanga payroll Robbery. The paid car left Greymouth that morning with miners' wages and salaries of nearly 4k. And just as the car was about to turn the corner, it was stranded in the middle of the road. Driver Coulthard got out of the car to remove the obstacles, and at that moment a confrontational man appeared shouting from the bush, "Hands" before firing at Coulthard. He died at the scene. The robber then ran to the car and demanded cash, but Hall, a minesman, refused to obey and fired two shots from his revolutionary. The robber shot Holly so close that Holly's clothes were on fire as she was robbed after the robbery. James Ames was shot in the throat and hit in the thigh and back. The robber secured the money before escaping across the rail and out of sight.
Runanga was founded in 1904 as a coal mining town. Prior to Runanga's formation, the area was covered with native bush, but the houses, built to shelter mine workers, were built of timber that had fallen to make way for the urban community. The city has prospered by opening several coal mines in the area. A railway line has been built between Greymouth and Runanga to transport coal out of these areas. There were also passenger services on the train. Runanga had its own train station, like Rerenui, near where one of the mines operated.